Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sorry Charlie

Oh Charlotte.


I love the name Charlotte and all of the possibilities in nick names.  Right now, it's a close tie between Lottie and Charlie.  If you're anything like my sister, you are probably dying right now about both of those options, but you are welcome to call her Charlotte if you hate them.  

My little Charlie is almost 5 months old.  I can't believe how fast her life is passing us by.  She is getting so big...ok she's still under 22 inches long and 13 lbs, but she's getting big for her.
How many 4 months old do you know that can still be held like this?  Yup...that's my new haircut.  I sort of LOVE it.

Some new developments:

She can roll over both ways...tummy to back and back to tummy.  She doesn't do it much but she can.  She's close to scooting as well.


She loves to blow bubbles with her mouth and even does it while crying.

She loves holding her toes when she's laying on the floor and when I'm trying to change her diaper.


She loves to LAUGH and SMILE.  She is the happiest baby.  Just looking at her makes a smile spread across her little face and you just know she's seconds away from letting out a laugh.

She loves being tickled.

She is not a cuddler.  

She talks all day long and mimiks sounds we tell her.

She still loves her bumbo seat.

She loves playing with my jewelry and clothing while I'm holding her.

She loves her sleep.  In fact, most nights she sleeps from 8 to 8 without waking up to eat a single time.  I can't complain.  Although, I woke up to go to the bathroom the other night and heard some noises coming from her room.  I walked in and found her laying in her bed wide awake, cooing, giggling, and playing with her toes...not sure how often this happens, but it sure was cute.

She is so easy going, pleasant, happy, and an all around beautiful baby.  Our lives would be incomplete without her.

Yeah....that's a turban.  So what?

6 comments:

Steff said...

Holy Cow! CUTE pictures! For the record, the only nickname I don't like is Lottie. Charlie is adorable. My preferred nickname of choice is Char, but I thought YOU didn't like that one, so I've been trying not to call her that. However, since you wrote that you like ALL the possible nicknames associated with Charlotte, I will recommence with calling her that. :-)

Angie said...

What a cutie! I love catching them talking to themselves in their crib...hope she's feeling better!

Wynn Family said...

Oh my goodness I already miss seeing her everyday! Makes me smile just to see her cute little face! Miss those girls!

A. Verzello said...

She is sooo precious! You are one lucky woman :).

julie said...

She is such a cutie pie and growing super fast! I'm so glad you like your hair :) It looks fantastic on you!

laurie_joseph said...

Of course she is a happy baby- she has you for a mommy.