Tuesday, November 1, 2011

For Your Tuesday...

Unfortunately I forgot my camera when we took pictures of the Sophster in her cute Halloween costume. As soon as I get them....I'll do a Halloween post.  Until then, some links and other things.

A picture to hold you over....
All sweaty after our hike at the beginning of the summer.  Oh how I miss summer.  
(Yes...steff....I still do that tongue thing.)


In order to justify my Pinterest account, I try to do/use the things I pin.  If you don't have an account, you are seriously missing out.

In the last week I have:

Made this tomato soup.  So delicious.  I've actually made it twice.  The first time I followed the recipe, but skipped the sugar and added two whole carrots instead.  My little brother and Rob both loved it.  The second time I skipped the sugar and only used half the cream.  Still delicious.  I like it with carrots the most (just make sure you blend them up really well first).

Made this chili.  With lots of changes.  Basically I only used the spice profile.  I used 1 lb. of ground beef and replaced all of the pork with beans.  I also skipped the beer and added about 2 teaspoons of chicken bullion instead along with about 2 cans of crushed tomato's which I pureed first.  Next time I would use tomato sauce as well to make it a bit thicker.  I loved it.

I made these bats and this wreath for our Halloween decor.  I even used this money saving tip for the candy corn wreath, but I think this tip would work better for lighter weight wreaths.   Mine turned into an oval after about 2 days due to the weight of the candy.  

I used this tutorial to make part of Sophie's costume.  It's my favorite part.  I didn't have enough felt, so I used material from an old black skirt of mine and some heavy interfacing to help it stand up on it's own.  Slightly more complicated, but still came together in less than 30 minutes (minus all the little roses....those took a bit longer).

Read this article.  It was first referenced in a General Conference address given by Neil A. Anderson.  I did a little searching and found the entire blog post, which is totally worth reading.  The writer also posts on motherhood in the same series here and here.  All worth your time.  


Pinterest is totally worth it.  You can follow me here:

 Follow Me on Pinterest

Happy pinning!


2 comments:

Steff said...

Who said a wreath can't be oval? They are dumb. The ovalness is what makes it even awesomer. And I thought that before I knew it was an accident.

Also, I need a favor. Can you email me the pics of the living room sand box incident por favor?

A. Verzello said...

Pinterest is great, but it's so hard to keep up with all of the wonderful ideas! I'm glad you're actually trying some of them.

That is SUCH a cute pic of you and Sophz!