Thursday, March 24, 2011

Work It.

I've been looking for ways to up my workouts lately.  This is hard because I'm kind of picky when it comes to working out for several reasons:

1.  I refuse to spend money to work out.  I had a BAD experience with a gym I shall not name and I can't seem to get over it yet (it was only 4 years ago...cut me some slack).

2.  I want to work out everything in the shortest amount of time possible.  While it is fun, it's not as much a hobby as it is for health.  I'd rather spend my time doing things I like more.

3.  It must not require equipment ( or at least very little equipment).

4.  It needs to be able to be done in a small space (we are still in an apartment).   I prefer to work out at the park but some days thats not an option.

5.  It needs to get me out of breath and sweaty.  I don't feel like I've worked out if I am not sticky and breathing hard.

6.  It needs to have the big three (cradio, resistance, flexibility).

Yeah... I know...I have problems.

This week, I've pinned down a system that I actually like.  Hey, you gotta do what works, right?

  • I start with this video because I REFUSE to stretch cold muscles.
  • Then I load up the baby jogger and go on a short run.
  • Then I do the exercises in this video at home if Sophie needs a nap or at the park if the weather is nice.  
  • I finish with some light stretching and call it a day.

The whole routine takes about an hour.  Which is a bit of time, but I really feel "worked out" when I'm done.  Depending on my schedule that day, I can take things out or add things to make it shorter or longer.

What works for you?

No comments: