Saturday, March 7, 2009

Deer Attack

Yes, I was attacked by not one deer, but 10.  I was taking my trash out the other day (which is across our driveway), and it was raining, so I had my head down trying to shield myself from the downpour.  All of the sudden I realize I am not the only person on my driveway.  I look up to find I am face to face with a huge deer with antlers (literally inches away).  I don't know who was more terrified.  We both stared at each other for what seemed like minutes (more like .5 seconds).  As I allowed my brain to register the rest of my peripheral view, I noticed this deer was not alone but was actually hanging out with 9 of his buddies on my driveway.  Now, one might think I should just jump of the driveway and run back to my house, but my muscles were frozen and all I could do was let out a tiny girlish scream, which frightened all of the deer who stampeded away in all directions.  It was definitely an experience to remember.  Now when I take my trash out, I have to look both ways before crossing my driveway.    

2 comments:

anna said...

That's pretty hilarious but cool at the same time. The next time you run into a deer or multiple of them try and rope one and make it your pet. Just a suggestion.

Jenni said...

THIS is why I don't take out the trash! You just never know...

:-)