Sunday, August 14, 2011

Best Summer

This has been my favorite summer in Provo...by far!  Proabably because I have finally had time to actually enjoy myself.  Last summer was all about taking care of a new baby (good summer, but we stayed inside a lot) and every summer before that it's been work and school.  This summer is still all about Sophie but in an out doors, pool going, park playing kind of way.


We had some fun at our family cabin with most of my family a few weeks ago.


Sophie got a new chair from Rob's mom.  She loves it.  Our apartment is tiny so I put it away when she's not using it.  As soon as it's gone, she notices and wants it back again.  She does everything on the chair.  Snacks, plays, sings, everything.  Here she just finished pulling out all the bibs from the drawer and pilling them on the chair next to her...you know....because they can be fun toys too.


She's become a very good dancer.  At least with her arms.  And a good singer as well.  Especially at church during the hymns.  Here she is singing and dancing to the African Soweto Gospel Choir


We have season passes to a water park down the road and go several times a week.  Sophie is obsessed with the water.  She falls down constantly, but it doesn't seem to bother her.  She learned pretty early on not to breath under there.  It's a special treat when dad comes because then we get a chance to go on some of the water slides (which she is also obsessed with).  He got to come with us recently, and I was able to snap some pictures which is an impossible task when I'm alone.







We've also been spending some quality time at the park when it's not too hot.  She is in love with the slides and goes down them voluntarily without help.  Usually on her stomach with feet first, but occasionally head first when she's feeling extra brave.  Recently, she learned this skill....which was not aided in any way by Rob or myself.  I swear.

Enjoy.


If you listen carefully and ignore the goofy parents, you can hear Sophie.  The best is the way she laughs when she gets to the top, as if to say, "ha ha ha....I did it!"

No comments: