Friday, June 25, 2010

Things I love...

1.  The way she smiles in her sleep and after she has eaten.
2. The noises she makes when she is hungry.
3.  Her extremely flexible legs (she can suck on her toes...literally).
4.  Her incredible faces.  We rarely get the same one twice.
5.  The way she cuddles with her arms around me.
6.  The way she uses her legs to cuddle up into my neck when she slides too far down on my chest.
7.  Her little calf muscles.
8.  Her natural mohawk.  Even when I brush it, it sneaks back up there.
9.  The way she sleeps...they say sleeping spread eagle is a sign of confidence.
10.  The way she stops crying when I pick her up and talk to her.
11.  Knowing that I get to spend everyday with this awesome little girl.  
12.  The fact that she is mine and always will be. 



First time in the swing.

First car ride to the doctors office.

I love milk smiles and dimples.  I don't know how it could possibly get much better than this.

Sleepy baby.

zzzzz.....




We have loved having our family here to help.  We're sad that they have all gone home.  

Grandma and Grandpa Wynn.

Grandma Campbell.


AND....for alll those of you who think we keep our house too cold for a little baby...here's proof that even Sophie likes it cool.

12 days old and already sneaking out of her clothes.  Sophie spent her first week sleeping in our bed, which I LOVED until she became the noisy little sleeper she is.  It was getting hard to get any form of shut-eye because she makes noises ALL night long.  So, we started putting her in her crib at night (which makes sense...I mean we bought it for that reason).  Normally, she lets out a hunger noise and I wake up and feed her.  She rarely cries even at night.  On this particular morning I woke up to sounds of a struggle coming from her room (keep in mind, we do not have a baby monitor, I could just hear this from our bedroom).  I walked into her room and found her like this.  She somehow maneuvered out of her sleeper through the neck hole and also out of her blanket which was still completely swaddled when I found it.  I think she got a little hot in the night.  What do you think?  

No comments: