Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

Finally got our ultrasound today, and....drumroll please.....it's a GIRL!  We are so excited!





Rob's reaction:
"I knew it was a girl.  She kicks when you are playing the piano but not during a Liverpool Game!"

Subsequent conversation:
Ellie:  Wow.  It looks like she has big thighs.
Rob:  Yup.  She's going to be a soccer player.

Typical.

Apparently I was the only one uncertain about what we would be having.  Both of my sisters have already purchased dresses and shoes for her and Rob had a dream about a little girl with blue eyes.  Me...on the other hand...had dreams about boys.  But hey, I also had dreams about having twins and there are definitely not two of them in there.  So apparently my instincts are a little off. 

But doesn't matter now because the suspense is gone and I feel at ease knowing the little person inside me actually has an identity.  A while ago, I was talking to my mom about the differences between having boys and girls and she said that she really liked having girls first because she feels like she has 3 best friends now.  Especially since we are all grown up.  Hopefully I will have as good of relationship with my daughter as I do with my mom.  I can't wait for June!

9 comments:

Ashlee Hatch said...

Congrats Ellie! You're baby girl is gonna be super cute!! Any names picked out yet?!?

P.S. Bart is already trying to hook up our two little ones for when they are older... :) Haha!

anna said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! She will be the cutest little girl.

Steff said...

Called that!!!! Oh I cant wait to buy plastic heals and bows and tutus and fru frus!!! I am convinced that I'm having lots of boys, but I'll have to keep a generous stash of fru frus at my house anyway so that she will want to come play with me. And I'll invite her for sleepovers with her favorite aunt and i'll do her hair and paint her toes and we'll play dress-up and house and I really must get a kitchen set so that playing house will be 10x more fun... and BARBIES... ahhhh... I could go on forever... I'm soooo excited!

Mandy said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! Although I am still in disbelief that you are married let alone pregnant,:) I'm so excited for you. As we all know, you are going to be an amazing mother. Can't wait to buy a cute little dress for your cute little girl.

Rosemary Campbell said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations, you two.

Jessie said...

My guess was boy, but I'm ALWAYS wrong, so I should have known ;-) Congrats!!

Katie said...

What a great profile picture...she has such a cute little nose. I LOVE chubby baby thighs, all my kiddos have had them. I agree with your Mom about girls first...it is so nice. We are so happy for you and will have great times when we all get together....poor Grant ;) Actually, I'm sure they will be great buds

Sarah said...

Yay! Im so excited. And Steff, we may have to duke it out for favorite aunt status!

Amy said...

A girl--that's great news! You and Rob will be the best parents!